HobCon 2010: IMPERIA 10-10-10
September 28, 2010 1 Comment
This coming October 10, 2010 at the Active Zone – Ayala Center Cebu, will be held the “HobCon 2010 – Imperia“ Cosplay Competition and Young Designers Fashion Competition.
Hobcon 2010: Imperia PV
10/10/10 – Ayala Center Cebu
the longer and definite version (and dramatic)
video by DREAMLINE PRODUCTIONS
Cosplayers: Edd Bunaviaje, Alandia Enomoto, Arvee Yap and Charles
Directed by: Victor Villanueva
DOP: Mikio “Teriyaki” Makino Jr.
AC: MR “Oracle” Munda
PA: Aya “Rabbit” Camacho
Producer: Edd “Priest” Buenaviaje
Hobcon 2010: Imperia (Short Version)
General Mechanics, Rules, and Procedures:
1. This contest is open to all, however participants below 18 must be registered by a guardian.
2. Participants can download registration form from the website (www.caneevents.com), or may register on the day of the event at the designated registration area. Cosplayers under eighteen (18) years old must have their parent/s and/or legal guardian/s sign the waiver/image release form which will be distributed at the event.
Upon registration, contestants shall be requested to provide the following:
A. Fully Filled out official registration form;
B. Signed image release, quitclaim and waiver
C. A full-body reference photo of the characters that will be portrayed. This reference photo must be at least 4 inches by 6 inches and must be provided in color and must be in printed form. The reference photo must be of the original character, not the contestant dressed in costume.
D. A CD soundtrack to be played during the performance. (for group cosplayers)
Participants with incomplete requirements will not be allowed to be part of the contest.
3. The cosplay registration will be both on-site/at-con registration and online pre-registration. The on-site/at-con registration will be on October 10, 2010. Cosplayers should register at http://www.caneevents.com; for pre-registrants they are required to confirm their pre-registrations on-site during the cosplayer registration period. Pre-registrants who fail to confirm their registration from 10am-1pm on October 10, 2010, the organizers has the right to forfeit their pre-registered slots and will be given to the on-site Individual Cosplay registrants.
4. Cosplay event will be an OPEN CATEGORY event where participants could cosplay any character that they want from an EMPIRE genre whether it’s from an Anime, Manga,Tokusatsu, Video Games, western animation, visual kei, harajuku fashion, Movies, Graphic Novels or Comic Books. Original or Fan-based (Dōjinshi) characters will be immediately disqualified.
5. Costumes that are too revealing (ie. exposes private parts) are prohibited. Scantly clad and/or sexy costumes are allowed but are not encouraged. The HOBCON Organizers OR CANE Events TEAM has the right to disqualify any participant on this ground.
6. Cosplayers shall be held responsible for their props at all times. Any sharp and/or metal and pyrotechnic costume props are not allowed. Messy props that can cause damage to the stage or surrounding area or that takes a long time to clean up is likewise disallowed. Cosplayers shall be liable for any damage or injury resulting from mishandling and/or negligence of a contestant in his/her use of props/materials throughout the duration of the event.
7. Skits involving Fanservice (ie. yaoi, yuri, etc.) is allowed but should be “General Patronage” however, extreme fan service (kissing, PDA and the like) and lewd, messy or obscene costumes that are deemed inappropriate for minors will be immediately disqualified. Keep in mind that it is a wholesome event.
8. Individual Participants will be given a maximum of 1 minute each to act out the character.
For Group Participants, the maximum time for stage performance is ten (10) minutes. Contestants who will have special requirements for their skit are advised to inform the organizers regarding their set-up during registration. Otherwise, the contestants will be provided default background music.
9. Criteria for Judging :
Performance (25%): Portrayal of Character, Execution of Skit, creativity in action scenes, choreography and adherence to time limit;
Craftsmanship (30%): Costume accuracy, Quality and Creativity of costume Construction, costume difficulty, innovativeness in use of materials.
Accuracy of Character (30%): Actual costume characterization must be a replica of the original character.
Overall Impact (15%): Stance, Pose, Appeal and total presentation of the character.
10. The Judges’ decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
11. All Contestants must be present in the Cosplay Holding Area in full costume at exactly 1pm on October 10, 2010. Finalists must be ready to have their costumes assessed by judges and answer any questions they might have.
Registration on October 10, 2010 will start at 10:00 am and will be closed at 12:30 pm.
12. HOBCON Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any cosplayer who ignores and/or violates any of the aforementioned guidelines.
Group Cosplayers – Php 8,000 plus trophy and Gift Pack
Individual Male Cosplayer – Php 5,000 plus trophy and Gift Pack
Individual Female Cosplayer – Php 5,000 plus trophy and Gift Pack
Best Kiddo Cosplayer – Gift Check plus trophy
*Prizes may be subject to change.
14. Relatives of HOBCON organizers, marshals, volunteers, suppliers and company partners up to the 3rd degree of consanguinity or affinity are prohibited from joining this contest.
15. Registration and participation to the Contest constitutes that the cosplayer gives the right and the authority to HOBCON organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to take pictures and/or videos of registered cosplayers, cosplay groups and its members and will be the sole property of the organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to be used for future publications and/or advertising promotions.
Guidelines is subject to change without prior notice at CANE Events main website (www.caneevents.com) .
Individual Cosplay Guidelines
Registration Fee: Php 150 per participant
1. There will be no entry limit for the Individual Cosplay event. There is a deadline for the registration and anyone who registers before the deadline is included to the official list of Individual Cosplay participants.
2. Individual Cosplay participants are only allowed to have a maximum of two (2) human props.
3. Individual Cosplay participants will be given name tags that must be worn at the event venue at all times.
4. Individual Cosplay participants are not qualified to join the Group Cosplay event even as a cameo role or as a prop.
Group Cosplay Guidelines
Registration Fee: Php 100 per participant
1. A cosplay group must strictly consist of at least five (5) and a maximum of ten (10) members per group. Any group that lacks/exceeds to the set number of participants will be disqualified. Human props and the Cosplay Group’s Technical Director are included in the member count.
2. A cosplay group member is only allowed to join in one cosplay group.
3. A member of a particular cosplay group is not qualified to join the Individual cosplay event.
4. All cosplay groups are required to have a cosplay skit. Each cosplay group will be given a Maximum of 10 minutes of stage time to do their skits.
5. All BGMs that will be used for the cosplay skit must be in audio format (.CDA) or in MP3 format and must be within the limit of their cosplay skit. Audio CDs must be properly labeled and submitted at the event itself upon registration. A cosplay group is required to have a technical director who will assist the HOBCON technical team in the usage of their CDs.
For more information visit: